Why Art and Literature Should Still be Taught In Public Schools
December 19th 2017
I saw once a young caucasian man wandering through Chicago off of a greyhound bus dressed for the desert, excluding a camel, but including a switch-blade hair comb. He was on his way to the nearest outlet to charge his vaporizer in order to get his latest accumulation of foreign treasures, at least a few miles outside of the Midwest, to fit in his Eddie Bauer hiking backpack. I assume that the shaved head he wears is merely a cap to disguise the computational hardware updating the automaton’s prodigious social media presence. Come to think of it, I may have seen, through a computer screen, a cyborg that looked eerily similar. Of course that can’t be the case. This one is huffing computer duster in corner of the train station. The other one was drinking diesel. Extended eye contact with this machine did nothing to reveal his intentions with my own generous serving of attention. It may simply not have the same exchange rate in the desert. I am understanding of inter species customs and make my way to the nearest Sbarro to ask for all the burnt breadsticks at the bottom of the oven as symbol of our generosity. The cyborg looked at me as I approached and then looked at the carbonized Parmesan cheese cradled in my hands. Once it’s circuitry made the proper calculations it understood our customs immediately and picked up the things that maintain the label of the boys material possessions, only to leave the comb.
Later after watching my companion leave for Detroit on an identical greyhound bus I was accosted for a cigarette by a strikingly similar “free spirit”. Myself only possessing nicotine in its liquid form, was forced to direct them elsewhere. Having only moments ago walked past an accumulation of sweat and concentrated anxiety opening a brand new pack, I assumed his socialist ideals around tobacco would be exercised before I rounded the block. Once I had done so the familiar aromatic inception of a jimmy john’s guerrilla advertising demanded my financial contribution to a well enforced casual cause. This insistence stood at biblical odds with the weaning health of my own bulimic bank account. Receiving a phone call requesting my presence at the state street dormitories prevented the seven dollar and eighty four cent skirmish from continuing.
I begun approaching the nearest public transportation platform. Shortly following my arrival I aligning myself in the direction of the student housing complex and waited for the green line to the adjacent public library. Once Inside the train car I was introduced to a sampling of contemporary music. Accompanied by drum beats the digital vocalist exclaimed “I’ve been taking these drugs, I’ll be up until the morning.” It is at this point that I reminisce on the manic lifestyle I held in my adolescence. One particular event elbowed its way to the front of my attention. In the eighth grade my brother and I procured marijuana from a classmate that found the ritual of smoking to be more spiritually enriching than the involuntary incorporeal cleanse carried out during communion at catholic mass. It would only take two hours and 17 minutes before my brother and I were in agreement that what we had smoked was sun dried oregano. I was in jeopardy of missing the approaching stop to the dormitory before a fellow passenger asked my why I was wearing a defeated facial expression with a blushed face. I had no means of responding so I forced my way between the closing mechanical doors out to a different platform.
Once I arrived to the dormitory the acquaintance who instigated my excursion asked me how my essay was coming along. In my embarrassment I struggled to recollect the assigned topic from my splayed concentration. Looking through my laptop I found two halves of a paragraph that read as follows:
The disregard for arts and literature classes in The American Public School Systems is a direct catalyst to the declining ability to think critically. I hold no doubts that it contributes to my own lacking ability to compose discernible writing, as illustrated above. Sources In the same vein are an afterthought in the wake of mass academicide perpetrated by the hands of the S.T.E.M. syndicate’s capitalist aspiration of roboticising the school aged population.
Through exercising my own vigilance I found it necessary to leave this first and final, non-MLA format, draft of the assigned research essay a stylistic illustration of misplaced prosaic efforts as a demonstration of the conceptual and intellectual neutering of the humanities
Theoretical Framework For The Contemporary Re-Evaluation of Marxist Theory
May 24th 2018
The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of ______ struggles. Freeman and slave,
patrician and plebeian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, _________ and
oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, __________ on an uninterrupted, now
hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of
_________ at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes. In the earlier epochs of
history, we find almost everywhere a ___________ arrangement of society into various orders, a
(second favorite problematic social structure)
manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, ___________, plebeians,
slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs;
in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations. The ________ bourgeois society that
(derogatory term for the political left)
has sprouted from the ruins of _______ society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has
(mid to late 20th century counter culture)
but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of _______ in place of the
(non-physical work related activity)
old ones. Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it
has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more _________ up into two
(verb ending in -ing)
great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other – _______________ and
(side of a feud created by a marketing team to advertise a movie or candy)
Proletariat. From the serfs of the _______________ sprang the chartered burghers of the earliest
(name of town with amazon fulfillment center and no amazon office)
____________. From these burgesses the first elements of the bourgeoisie were developed. The
(something too obscure to be bought online but too specialized to find in ethical stores in your state)
discovery of America, the rounding of the Cape, opened up fresh ______________ for the rising
(restaurant your ex works at but you both still pretend to be friends)
Conversation on Gendered Symbolism in Classical Poetry and Imagist Painting
September 7th 2018
Did you write that?
Tell me more about this flowers
You tell me, I don’t get to talk
during my crits
No you should tell me more
about the flowers appetite!
Well it’s meant to be in
conjunction with the idea of
I was wondering why you
described that vaginal image
as a penis.
Masculine first, then feminine
But you introduced it by a
Yeah, your telling me
something 6 feet and four
inches doesn’t sound subtly
But like between you and me
what’s this plants appetite like?
Figuratively it’s selfish and
Problems with toxic
But you said it was devouring
the sun’s labor,
What does the sun do for work?
It’s pimpin itself, really.
Is it a union job?
There are unions, yes.
But is the sun’s job unionized? I
don’t want no fucking
interplanetary scabs in my
fucking solar system, really not
even 4 light years close to
here. If the fucking bureaucrats
at the edge of the plane of
dimensional space get word of
this our whole fucking galaxy is
gonna get fined so fucking
hard that it’s gonna be leaking
out of everyone’s fucking black
hole for the next 3 cycles of
Hey who’s that vhs artist who made
those awesome lofi videos?
I’ll send you his @ over instagram.
Attempts at Developing a New Linguistic Approach for Instant Message Based Romance
January 5th 2019
1. Hey I got the message, hope it’s all good over there, soak it up for sure and I’m really excited to see what comes of the show! Don’t worry too much right now about trying to catch me, I know we are both busy so I know I’ll have to make do right now with writing the nightly vaguely coherent text about my feelings towards you and how your like my rock and all that but still also have this like slight throwuppy feeling every time I talk to you, it’s not like nervousness but it’s more sorta like if a bunch of fragile insects are sorta bouncing around in my abdominal area but with like super colorful silky wings and an affinity to sweet things. Something tells me that no one has ever had this feeling before I have so I think I’ll call it like moths in my intestines. I guess that doesn’t really sound right, I’ll keep working on it I should have a better term for it sooner or later. Otherwise until then I love you like steak and lettuce. Shit that didn’t come out right either.
2. I remember the first day we decided to just lay in bed really clearly. I thought we were going to each tell each other what we wish each other would work on personality wise and I got really anxious cause I couldn’t think of anything to say. So we just stayed in bed until The View came on so we could make a gesture out of turning it off and we got a small puppy so we could give it to a child and piss of their parents while making them put on a show of the exchange and then we both felt bad a month later and so we called and it turned out the puppy actually saved the stepmother from throwing away her favorite necklace by eating everything in the trash and Coughing it up on the rug later and it had a short little newspaper article about the puppy, also kinda saying how shitty what we did was, but they forgot our names so it all worked out.
3. Ok I understand, hope you have a productive and enjoyable day at the cafe I hope an oldwoman comes in and sees you and says “you make art?” to which you say “yeah I do” and she says “well your a hero to me then” and that leaves like this really intense smile on your face, the kind with all teeth and then you get slightly embarrassed a bit by how much this old woman made you smile and then you get this reinvigorated sense of self and purpose that makes you fly through those grad school apps and propels you into
international art stardom but you never let anyone take pictures of your face so you can
enjoy being able to not be recognized and then you get a small platoon of French
bulldogs that are trained to help you make your installations and all that.
Proposing Feelings and Sensations that may or may not be unknown to Language
May 17th 2019
1. It’s that sorta smell of an old book that have been in a room with a new bouquet of flowers changed once a week, while the book gets picked up every so often just to be acted like it was being read.
2. It’s that stain on the wood floor of an old house that nothing seems to be able to get rid of, only for you to realize that every evening during the summer between 5:35 and 6:27 the sun’s light is focused through a part of the stained glass window that you haven’t gotten around to taking out yet, and is acting like a magnifying glass, burning that stain deeper into the hardwood floor that just looks kinda weird with a rug over because of the layout of your foyer.
3. Maybe it’s that one coworker you invite to parties, even though you know they won’t show up. But your always glad they never show up because ever since you started this new job in accounting your relationship has always felt forced and you wouldn’t even begin to know how to bond with this person.
4. It’s definitely that one stray cat you told your child to stay away from but they don’t listen to you so the cat scratches them and now your child will actually listen to you when you say to stay away from that stray cat.